WebTruck Home
WebTruck Forum
Herr Pitts Special 30" w/0.010 Nitro Engine
By: hannicks
IP: 76.16.73.45
Topics: 1
Added: 10/18/2009 - 02:58 AM

I have been building a Pitts Special biplane for several years now and it is ready for flight except for I have yet to purchase a license to fly it.

The plane is a Herr brand Pitts Special which is designed originally for a .061-.074 engine, however later revisions were made to power it with a 0.010-0.015 engine. I opted for the OS 0.010 LA Blue engine which will more than over power the small 30" wing span.

I am fearful of my first flight being as I have never even flown a trainer before. I would like to have someone fly it for me honestly for the first flight at least.

What does everyone think? Will I be able to equip this plane with a small camera (still or video) or is it simply too small?
By: sse
IP: 10.1.201.32
Topics: 58
Added: 10/20/2009 - 06:32 AM

Hello hannicks

I have no experience with that kind of planes as I always flew electric. Maybe you find a club in your region with somebody testing your plane?

I have always hand launched my planes without the engine first to make sure they were balanced and ready to fly, and I have made good experiences with that.

The 'gumstick' cam I bought on ebay is very light, and I am sure your plane could carry one of those.
By: godfrey
IP: 66.134.109.98
Topics: 10
Added: 11/16/2009 - 06:17 PM

If you haven't looked into it...

Most R/C Clubs have a Rookie night. Just show up with your plane, controller, fuel, etc. and they can help you out. They can inspect your plane, take it for a test flight, trim it out, etc. If you have never flown before, they can also teach you how to fly. The Club should also have a club trainer if you don't feel comfortable trying to learn on your plane.

In the states R/C Clubs require you to have insurance to fly at their field
http://www.modelaircraft.org/