Converted the Wingo Porter to a double decker
Having a second Wingo Porter still in the box, I thought of adding its wing to my Phoenix wingo
I did a test flight on Sunday evening. I did not add any cargo to test first - and the wingo is flying as expected.
Its a bit harder to control, as the rudder and elevator remained about the same size, but it flies stable.
Flying with the 7 cells was fine.
Then I tried with the 8cells 3000mah and it was doing even better, climbing quite fast. Landing was a bit rough, as I run out of battery power and had to land quickly (*).
Then I tried to see if 6 cells could keep it up, and yes, it did.
Damage was bad, the top wing almost came off, the back section badly broken and I lost the elevator
Nevertheless I was satisfied with the tests, and fixing the damage was not very hard - a new servo horn, a bit of epoxy :-).
I will have to set the motor for more down thrust, with the additional drag from the top wing, the plan goes
up way too much when I put the motor at full throttle. Before the second wing it just went into a good climb,
now it climbs way too steep until it stalls. Putting the center of gravity forward a lot helped during flight but made
the landing quite speedy.